Friday, July 2, 2010

A year ago today....

right this very minute I was all hooked up and walking into the OR to have Madison and Kennedy.

Rob and I were over the moon excited and nervous at the same time but thankfully the surgery went as planned and at 9:30am and 9:31am the girls were born.

Here they are meeting for the first time (Maddy in top having a tiny bit of trouble breathing)
Photobucket

Always the control freak it was not long before I took the camera to take pictures while I was still being worked on
Photobucket

Then one of the 10 nurses in the room came to take our first picture w/both girls
Photobucket

IT all happened so fast. Rob left with the girls and I got sent away to recover. I drugged dialed a few of my friends to tell them the girls were here. Dont quite remember who all I called but I do remember most of them laughing at my slurred speech. I was just so excited!

FINALLY Rob came down and we were moved to a room quickly followed by me getting to hold my girls for the first time. My face says it all. In a instant I had forgotten how hard it was to conceive them. How hard it was to carry them. None of it mattered. With them here Our family of 5 was complete.
Photobucket

Happy Birthday baby girls I love you with all my heart!

6 comments:

  1. Aw, Happy Birthday Madison and Kennedy!! Such beautiful girls you have turned out to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sweet! Happy Birthday girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! Happy Birthday Madison and Kennedy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, sweet post - and what beautiful girls they are. :) Happy first year!

    ReplyDelete